Monday 27 June 2011

About Jamboree

As you may know I am an explorer scout, and one of the biggest events in a scouts life is the oppertunity to go to the World scout jamboree, it happens every 4 years, I am going to the 22nd WSJ in Rinkiby Sweden in July/ August of 2011, I am going as a member of the Wiltshire Contingent UK contingent 86, I am staying in the sub-camp Örnsköldsvik.
I am going to the Wiltshire scout centre on the 24th, from there catching a coach at midnight to Hethrow airport from there we have a 05:30 flight to Copenhagen in Denmark, in Denmark we are going to the beach and to see a Carnival and see local people and shops and stuff. We are there for 2 days, then going to Sweden and we are in Sweden for 12 days, doing many activites, we are near the sea so there will be water activites, also a Camp in Camp where we go off to a seperate camp site which is effectivaly a natural site, where we can experiance normal Swedish camping, natural camping, my love and hobby :) I think i might end up moving to sweden one day :P after Jambo we're going to Poland for 5 days, during the cabbage picking season, this is for Home Hospitality or HoHo in this we stay with local people doing what they do and learning and helping, so I have a feeling we might be Picking cabbages for a few days :P It should be awsome, I'll post more when I know more, and there will be videos and photos when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment